Monday, May 18, 2015

JMR Kids Run 2015

What a weekend y'all!

We ran, we played, we enjoyed friendship. It was everything that I wish every weekend was. Well everything except the middle of the night tornado scare that resulted in me getting less than four hours of sleep Saturday night... after waking up at 4:00 for my race Saturday morning #FAIL. That part, that part I could have done without. 

I have so much I could share today, but to avoid the longest blog post ever I'll have to break this up a bit over the next few days. Let's start at the beginning, Friday night.

Friday night was the 2015 JMR Kid One Mile Fun Run.

With two prepared, excited runner girls ready to go we left the house.


Emily was showing me just how ready to run she was.


For the first time Marissa had decided she was going to run a race alone. This girl has came so far from last year.
I quickly delegated Russ to run with Emily leaving me to play "photographer" Wahoo!


It was so exciting and weird being on the other side of the race.



The official race photographer caught this shot... Oh my heart. She really is just the sweetest little girl. Also they clearly take better race pictures than I ever will so the ones that say "official race photo" I did not take :).


Marissa finished first at about 10:32. Not too bad seeing she started almost all the way at the back of the pack!


Official race photo


Emily came in a minute or two later. 
This girl is going to be a distance runner if I ever saw one. Just look at how happy she is. 


Official race photo


Some Gatorade and granola bars.


A picture with friends.


My kids absolutely love this race, it is the fun run highlight of the year. It is so great to get the kids involved in an event that is so special to me. I hope they continue to enjoy it for years and years to come.

How was your weekend?
Any highlights?

post signature


18 comments:

  1. Such joy in their little running faces! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how fun! That is pure running joy on those faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Desiree @ Macke MonologuesMay 18, 2015 at 2:24 PM

    This makes me SO happy to see! I love that girls enjoyed the race so much. You have a couple of future runners, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, your girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Amy. I think so too :D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hope and wish and dream that I do :)!

    I just love these fun runs so much. We have one more coming up in early June!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pure running joy indeed. I just love seeing that on their faces so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tornado scare!! Eeeek!! Woo- hoo congrats to your precious girlies for making it to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah that completely sucked. It came out of absolutely no where to. I went to bed thinking that our tornado threat was low so when the sirens went off I completely freaked out ☹.
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my…what cute girls you have! And I love that this is something
    you all enjoy doing as a family. Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh gosh these are some of the cutest pics of your girls I have ever seen! Those smiles, so completely genuine haha. So excited. Emily is 4...right...and y'all did it least year so she was 3? Was that her first year? Just wondering! I wonder if they have something like this nearby for Aria. I'm sure they would.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! It makes my heart so happy that they love it. I hope they stay that way for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe! They were just so happy and those super cute running outfits aren't bad either. Emily is 4. She didn't do it last year. She probably could have but she didn't care one way or another so we skipped it. I see lots of 3 year olds doing them though. Fun runs are so easy to find almost every 5K has a fun run too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun! Both girls look super excited and I love that you do these kinds of things with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Jamie! I hope to continue doing things like this with the girls for years and years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! This is the SWEETEST!!! I love that they have a love of running just like you. And how sweet are they at the end with those BIG smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope and pray and wish that they continue to love running for years and years to come!!!

    ReplyDelete