Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Highlights 5.1.15

Good morning Friday!

Another great week has passed and I am so excited that it is MAY! Maybe the weather is going to get its act together and finally act like spring. We have had such a cloudy, cool, wet spring around here. I am so ready for some warmer weather and tan lines.

Plus school is almost out... like we have 3 lessons to finish and we are DONE! 
Our last official day was supposed to be May 7th but it looks like we might just be able to finish everything up by Monday.

On to this weeks Friday Highlights.


{ONE} May Day

It's the first day of May, May Day! Every year I have thought it would be so fun to make a May day basket or two but we never do it. Maybe this will be the year? Okay, it probably won't. But at least I remembered before May Day was over! #progress



Have you ever heard of May Day? 
You can catch up on the history here

{TWO} Blog Highlights

This week I shared...
Our very first day in the life post.



How we share our faith with our children.


Thoughts about visiting the OKC memorial.


{THREE} Field Trip Fun

There once was a naive girl who thought that first grade would be fun and games, life would not be busy and we would be able to take tons of field trips. Boy was she ever wrong.

The field trips this year just didn't happen like I hoped they would and when we FINALLY decided to make one happen it felt like the whole world raged against us. It took us just over a month to actually go. Rain, cold weather, being busy. We dealt with it all.

The good new is we finally were able to go! 



I'll share more about the details on that soon enough though.

{FOUR} For The Love Of Dunkin

If you follow me along on Instagram. You will eventually learn that there is a very, very, VERY special place in my heart for Dunkin Donuts. Sadly, the closest Dunkin Donuts is about 50 minutes away in Bentonville, AR. In the long run this is probably a HUGE blessing though.

This week I got to make not only one....



But two trips to Dunkin Donuts


I must be dreaming, pinch me...
just not on the love handles. 

{FIVE} Girl Mom Series

I was so excited to have Jenny from The Chronicles of We share as part of my 'Girl Mom' series this week.


 Jenny is a great blogging friend who I met shortly after the beginning of this "Blog Land" adventure.

 

Make sure you check out her post to read about the amazing things she wants for her daughter. 

If you're interested in sharing your story about being a girl mom fill out this survey and I will be in touch.

Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here on Monday.

post signature


17 comments:

  1. I don't even know where a Dunkin Donuts is around here. i wish we had a donut place close to us where we could just make a run for it, sadly all we have is Safeway....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Dunkin Donuts post on Instgram inspired me to get a doughnut while grocery shopping yesterday (well that, and the fact that Annabelle had a rough morning, and momma needed a pick me up ;). Glad you had fun on your field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! I love me some DD's! We have one right by my local grocery store and I always forget it's there because it is tucked on the opposite side of the shopping center! Now that you have reminded me that there is one within walking distance of our house, I might have to make a trip over there this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I love Jenny. I'll have to check out that post! That is a great idea about May Day- oh and now I am sitting in the car rider line wanting Dunkin ;) Good thing I forgot my wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forget May Day each and every year. This year too. I thought it was not the first actually this year, my bad. Maybe one year we will do something a little spring festive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maren Hall ArnoldMay 1, 2015 at 1:41 PM

    I love Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee. I took a picture with a Dunkin' Donuts in front of the U.S. Embassy in Berlin and thought I was really looking like an American. I'm going to check out your Day in the Life Of.. .post. I enjoy reading those because I am always curious as to how other bloggers structure their days. Yay for almost summer break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how much I love Dunkin too! So jealous you got to go TWICE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and IKEA me and Dunkin.... you still win.

    Speaking of are there Dunkin Donuts up around KC?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is the best iced coffee EVER! That is hilarious to. I totally would've taken a picture too.

    I find those posts so interesting to. They always exhaust me though. Seeing a whole day at once is just SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yay! That strangely makes me feel better. I was even at a plant nursery this morning but knew we just wouldn't have time to do anything fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! It is SO good and so tempting. I often forget my wallet on purpose to avoid things like that.

    Happy Friday friend! Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Friday indeed!

    DO IT!!! Get and iced coffee too :).

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe! I am glad to know I am such an enabler. Donuts always make mornings just a little bit brighter :).

    Have a great weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is kind of how I feel. Then one opened in Arkansas. SHWOO!!! It is probably good it is so far away though. Our budget and my jeans couldn't handle it. You should check their website just in case!

    BOO!!!! You need a legit donut shop.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love donuts so I understand that they can bring such happiness! We have a great, local shop just down the road from my house. If they had a drive through, I'd swing by every few days. Lucky for my (and my waistline) you have to go into the store, lug your kiddo in and out of the car all for donuts. Maybe we'll have Sunday breakfast there since it's been a few weeks since we've eaten there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are! I just did a quick store locator search and there are way more than I knew! Of course, when you go to IKEA you're going to be too full on cinnamon rolls to want Dunkin :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. You clearly under estimate my love of carbs ;).

    ReplyDelete