Wednesday, August 26, 2015

2015 HAMB Weekend

It may be Wednesday, but it's never too late for a weekend recap!

Last weekend was the 2015 HAMB Drag Nationals!
Friday night was date night and Saturday was a family day at the drag strip. On the Newman family calendar this is pretty much the biggest event of the year outside of the girls' birthdays and Christmas. It is marked, counted down and anticipated for weeks and months.

The event always falls around our anniversary so we often use it to celebrate the occasion.
Friday night was set to be our date night so I got ready with a touch of vintage flare.


I never feel more me than when I fix my hair and make up like this. I feel fairly positive that I MUST have been born in the wrong decade. If only it didn't take so much time (meaning more than 5 minutes) I would rock this look all the time. 

We headed to the hotel parking lot where we walked around, listened to motors, talked to random travelers and I snapped some (several) photos.


Next we had dinner with Phil and Anna then walked around some more. Sadly after dinner it was dark and taking photos was almost pointless.

After a late night we headed to bed and woke up to this. 



It rained and poured for hours. The streets were flooding and my husbands heart was sunk. 

Finally after raining all morning it stopped and things started to turn around. Our morning and plans may not have gone like we hoped and expected them to but we made the best of the situation and ended up at the drag strip almost 3 hours later than planned.


We picked out our newest car (we wish).


Walked around the soggy fields.


I would hang this tail gate on our wall.


Not even kidding.
Random Beth fact: I would LOVE to learn how to do old school hand pin-striping like this someday.

I thought this reflection shot was pretty cool.


The girls (and their friend Oliver) were SO good. 


Drag strip cuties.



The drags finally began hours after they were scheduled to start.
I went to get a closer look and shoot some video by the start line.
After all hearing is so overrated. 




The weekend may not have gone exactly like I planned or hoped it would, but it was still good and so much fun. Date night, awesome cars, taking the girls to the drag strip and friends. It doesn't get much better than that and leaves me a bit sad that we have to wait a whole year before it all happens again.

But something tells me we'll definitely be going to more car events before then...

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.