Monday, August 10, 2015

Currently {August 2015}


Reading//   Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin. I am only on chapter 2 and I want to go on and on about how good this book is. This book equips you to better study Gods Word, something I think most people would say they need and desire.



Wishing //  I'm still wishing that summer could last forever. I think I am in a bit of denial that our summer is pretty much over. Thank goodness we have a month of 3 day weekends before co-op starts back up in September. Maybe 4 day school weeks will help us ease back into things. 

Listening to // Emily sing, all the time. I stumbled across a quote on Pinterest that said a happy child is one who sings and it made me smile. 


Watching // The girls and I are huge fans of cooking competition shows. Lately we have been watching plenty of Master Chef and Food Fight. I love that they are so interested in cooking and kitchen shows already. 

Looking Forward To // Christmas #sorrynotsorry. The arrival of the Christmas season is what will motivate me through this first semester of school. Don't get me wrong I am very excited about fall and all things pumpkin, but Christmas is where my heart is. 

Drinking //  Iced coffee. All. Day. Long! If you haven't tried this recipe yet, you are missing out.



Wearing //  Bathing suits... well I was until today :(. I guess it is back to endless workout clothes for me now.

I did recently grabbed this jacket (in gray) really cheap on clearance. I kind of have a jacket obsession and fall will soon be here. 

Learning // How to do chalkboard art. The huge chalkboard in the home school room was put there more for decorative purposes and less for a functioning chalkboard. I made my first attempt last week and was pleasantly surprised with how well it turned out. I had originally planned on changing it once a month but that was so much fun to do there is no way I will be able to wait a whole month before making a new creation!


Enjoying // My girls. We simply had the most amazing summer together and I just love them so very much. We had so much time to play and live an unscheduled life just enjoying summer and each other. Going back to routine is going to be a bit harder than I imagined.

Planning //  Exciting blogging activities for the fall, Christmas and the New Year too. I know all of this seems pretty far away but you just wait. It will be here before you know it!

Eating // From my garden. BLT sandwiches are so much better this time of year with fresh tomatoes, Margherita pizza is a favorite and then there is the best salad ever that I made with my home grown butternut squash.


Russ' mom made this one day and it has been a favorite ever since. I plan to share the recipe soon because something this good just needs to be shared. 

Praying // Still praying that God would guide us to a new church home. I have also been praying for our new school year. May grace and patience be abundant for both.

Missing // Is it too soon too be missing all of our pool time yet? 
We spent Friday at the pool as a family. We recently realized Russ still has 95 hours of vacation time for this year so we thought it would be perfect for him to take the afternoon off.



Yup, it doesn't get much more perfect than that. 

What have you been up to currently?

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.