Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Highlights 8.28.15

Hello Friday!

It's Friday again and we some how miraculously managed to finish all of our school work during our four day school week. Which means it's a 3 day weekend for the Newman girls! Maybe we'll go to Hobby Lobby and spy out some fall decor, hit up Target, or look for new pumpkin recipes. #kiddingnotkidding.
Fall is coming and we are ready!

Now for this weeks Friday picks.


{ONE}  On The Blog This Week

This week:
I did a guest post on Being Mrs. Beer answering the top 5 questions people ask me about homeschool.

Recapped our weekend at the 2015 HAMB Drag Nationals.

Shared some of my favorite tools and techniques for teaching pre-schoolers.

And told the story of the very first time I told Russ I was pregnant.

{TWO} 1953 Ford F100

Something about this time of year gives us the urge to buy another old car. Last year we picked up our still unfinished 37 Ford. This past Tuesday we went for a drive to take a look at this gem.

The Mr. knows I have ALWAYS wanted and old truck and I think he is taking advantage of that. Either that or being incredibly sweet.

We are still undecided on if we are going to take the plunge and buy her, but we should figure that out soon enough. Buying old ratty cars is just a way we invest money so as long as we get a good deal I am always happy about our purchases. After all they do just keep getting more and more rare. 

In the mean time at least I snapped this great photo. I see it framed and on display in our home in the very near future.

{THREE} Insta-lately

I have been trying to post at least one photo to Instagram every day lately. I don't want to over-gram my life and let's face it, there just isn't enough time. But I do love Instagram more than any other social media platform. 

Here are a few favorites from recently
We all squeezed in the Model A and drove a couple blocks to a car show.

Weather in the 60's has meant LOTS of walks.

This is how I do it #momstyle

My chalkboard fun continued with a special one celebrating wedding anniversary #8!

If you aren't currently following my on Instagram I would LOVE to connect with you there. Find me here, leave me a comment and I'll be sure to follow you back!

{FOUR} Fall Bucket List

Is it too soon to start dreaming up our fall bucket list in my head?
I think not. 

This was last years Fall list.

I'd love to change it for the same of variety, but this list seems pretty hard to beat if you ask me!

What would you add or change?

{FIVE} Be Thou My Vision

The other day I was sitting at the desk writing up a list of to-do's when I was struck by this song.


Suddenly my goals, plans and visions seemed so worthless. 
I laid my list aside and doodled up this.



My prayer for the week quickly became that I would desire God's vision more than my own.
I have a feeling this prayer is going to stick around for quite some time.

Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here soon.

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.