Thursday, April 3, 2014

Abc, color with me


Okay, so let's take a mommy minute to talk abc color pages...

Any mom with kids 5 and under at some point gives the abc's some thought. Introducing them, learning the song, the letters, how to write them and their sounds. All are basic building blocks for eventually learning how to read. 
As we have worked through our handwriting book over the course of this school year, we have included a coloring page when we learn a new letter. I did this eventually planning to make an abc book with them for Marissa to have.


While doing this project I discovered that not all ABC color page sites are the same. At the beginning of the year I quickly chose one and printed off all the pages. Woo-hoo we were done.... or so I thought. When we started coloring the lower case letters, a few months down the road, Marissa was quick to point out that they were the same pictures as the uppercase letters. One thinks that a five year old is not this observant but, NEVER underestimate their absorbent mind. I didn't even notice right away but sure enough she was right. 

So I did some digging and I found Make Learning Fun. In my opinion they hands down have the best abc color pages for kids. Why? Each letter has several pictures to choose from, you can choose a picture that you feel your kid will find the most interesting. The pages are simple, not to big and they are perfect for turning into a book when you complete the alphabet.



Marissa was so excited to have her book done she immediately read it to her sister and later that night when dad got home he got to listen to.



I love it when she is proud of something that she has done.





post signature


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link and tip! I'll have to pin it to use soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I will definitely stick with this site for Emily. I wish I had found it sooner, but I am glad that I found it when I did. It looks like they have a lot of other great resources to. I need to check them out!

      Delete