Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It's the little things/ Crossing borders

For the past several months I have been in half marathon training mode and this past Saturday was a big milestone. 

My running partner, Anna, and I had our last big run before the race and it also happened to be our first double digit run!



That is right 10 miles T.E.N 
Aka
17,600 yards
52,800 feet
16,093.4 meters
or
633,600 inches

And we actually ended up doing 10.40 :).

This run was awesome, we started early and we did something we had never done before. We ran to another state. Living so close to the state line it just seemed like something fun we could do to "mix things up a bit"


We also had several eventful things happen on this run that I wish I had pictures of but taking pictures while running isn't exactly an area of expertise for me. So you will have to settle for a list

* We saw a rainbow, for a while it literally seemed like we were chasing after the end.
* We got rained on, not a downpour but definitely not a warm spring shower either.
* We saw a llama, or was it an alpaca?

Yes, it is truly the little things that make a run more interesting.

Anna snapped this picture of me while running down the hill and I joked that I was going to put an inspirational quote on the bottom of it. 

SO, obviously I HAD to :). 


This was definitely one of my favorite runs that we have done over the course of our training. So glad we decided to do something different.

Happy Hump Day!

post signature



2 comments: