Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend Recap/ Co-op Open House

Happy Monday everyone!

Well, this weekend didn't end up being nearly as exciting as I had hoped it would. Saturday ended up being a yard work day. Which means Russ worked and I played with the kiddos, did a tiny bit of sunbathing and played "gopher" for everyone. Then bad weather and talk of bad weather caused some cancellations for Sunday activities. That turned into tornado warning, sirens going and MANY tornado spottings. My heart fell to my feet when Russ said "Oh, no" as he looked to the west and sure enough, there is was. A funnel cloud. There was substantial damage to a few different nearby towns and I ask that you would join us in praying for them and their recovery efforts. 

Friday seems to have been our weekend highlight.

We are a first year homeschooling family and I am very thankful that we plugged into a co-op at the very beginning of our home school adventures. I quickly learned that ACHF (Association of Christian Home school Families) is more than just a place to go "socialize" the girls and let them participate in group classes. It is a family a very large, diverse family. The support and advice that I have received there has been so helpful.

We had our last formal class day of the year on Friday and Friday night was our annual open house/ silent auction/ Music program.

Marissa's class sang a song.


She was able to display some of her projects from the past year.
 

And we even bought a raffle ticket for a chance to throw a pie in Mr. Spencer's (the superintendents) face. Sadly, our number didn't get picked.



This event was our last big get-together for the year. All that is left now is a picnic day later this week. We had so much fun at ACHF, and are already anticipating all of the fun things that next years co-op will bring. 

I tried to snap a picture of the girls together before we left...check out the "gems" I got. 





Oh my, sometimes you just have to do the best you can. 

How was your weekend?

post signature



5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you didn't have any damage from the tornado! One of my family members lost their entire house! I saw pictures of it this morning, and I just can't believe it. Her, her husband and her little boy all hid in the bathroom, and by the hand of God, that was the ONLY room left out of the entire house. When you look at the picture, you literally just see a little bathroom and the rest of the house shredded to pieces. What an act of God! We're all overjoyed with thanks for God protecting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Allyssa that is so terrible. We have been in their shoes. when we lost our home in 2011 also took cover in our bathroom which was amazingly untouched. Where is your family member? If they are close to us and there is anything we could do to help we would love to. Going through that experience was one of the hardest things that has ever happened to us but on this side of it all I can say God took something horrible and made it into the biggest blessing. We will be praying for them.

      Delete
    2. Wow! I'm so sorry to hear about you losing your home in 2011. My family is is Vilonia, AR. They, too, are seeing it as a blessing and it's only strengthening their faith. It's so awesome to see you rejoicing in your loss, as well. We really do serve an amazing God. We all have every reason to constantly be rejoicing.

      Delete
    3. Amen and amen!

      Praying for them, Matt Redmans song Never Once sums up so many of my feelings after going through the tornado. Maybe it will bring comfort to them to.

      Delete
  2. What a neat little event! Too bad you didn't get to give that guy some pie in the face lol. Your girls are too cute! Beth, I nominated you for a Liebster award: http://www.threeboycircus.com/2014/04/oooh-liebster-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete