Thursday, April 24, 2014

Yard Work, Oh The Joy

I spent yesterday doing yard work, lots and lots of yard work. From replanting bushes, weeding flower beds, mulching and everything in between.


A few random thoughts from my time outside yesterday...

1. You can not expect young children to help pick up rocks without them deciding to start a rock collection. Resulting in them wanting to keep half of the rocks. (We settled on 5).

2. Bugs always and forever will be gross.

3. Birds always want to build their nests in the most inconvenient places.

4. Even if you work out a lot, and consider yourself to be pretty strong "for a girl". Flinging 40 lb bags of dirt on your shoulder and carrying them across a large yard gets exhausting.

5. It really is the little things that make the girls giggle the hardest.


But, I got everything we needed to get done, done. 

And I even had some extra time to squeeze in some sunbathing time.


I don't know if it is spring or summer here in Missouri. But, I am loving it!

Have you been doing any yard work?

post signature


4 comments:

  1. Want to come do mine next?? Please?

    Bugs? Can't even.

    Abigail is obsessed with rocks. Everywhere we go, she comes home with one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I actually don't mind the yard work... so maybe ;).

      Yeah bugs are gross. I try not to be all girly in front of the kids but it is HARD!!!

      Rocks, who would have thought? Marissa did find some pretty cool ones. Her favorite is sparkly and she nearly had a heart attack when I had chucked it before I knew how "special" it was.

      Delete
  2. I can empathize with you on the rock collection--sounds just like my house! The worst is when the tiny rocks go through the washing machine (and then cause the drum to quit turning!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh! Oh the joys of parenthood huh?! I guess I should start making it a habit to check their pockets now before things get to interesting.

      Delete