Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's the little things / Better together, Happy Birthday

"Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another:
 "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself..."  ~C.S. Lewis

Today is a special day, a birthday! And not just any birthday, it is my dearest friend Sarah's birthday. 


I met Sarah when we started attending our church about 5 years ago. We really didn't become fast friends but were acquaintances for about a year or so. Then I asked her to teach me to knit, we started hanging out and now I don't even remember what things were like before that.


We have learned together from knitting, gardening and canning to dissecting and praying over scriptures. 

Together we organized the coolest yarn bomb that Joplin has ever seen and nearly froze our feet getting parts of it displayed.


We have laughed together over ridiculous typos, TV shows and sitting around a bonfire on a Friday night. 

We have experienced loss together. Our homes were destroyed by a tornado within seconds of each other on May 22, 2011. We tore down remainders, cried with, vented, prayed, dreamed and rebuilt new houses....

together. 



Life has been better these past few years with a such a good friend walking beside me, encouraging me and pointing me to Jesus when I start to go off course. 

I am so blessed to call you my best friend.



I love you friend!

Happy Birthday!


post signature


4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up. :)
    What a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet snapshots of a sweet piece of your life. Good friends are so special! Stopping in from the link up! -xo

    Plumtickledpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was going through pictures for this post I thought "we really need to take for selfies together" hehe! She is so special don't know what I would do without her.

      Thanks for coming by!

      Delete