Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Highlights: Our Year End Review.

2014 I can't believe your almost over. It has been a good year at the Newman house. A year full of changes, adventures, lots of lessons learned and our fair share of little girl drama.

Here are a few highlights. 

January

We said goodbye to the crib, gave it away and moved Emily into a "big girl bed".


Russ turned 34!


February

I started plants for my garden from seed for the first time.


Emily turned 3!


March
 
In early March, this blog was re-born on a new host. I wrote my first post declaring that I was a terrible blogger and I have been blogging faithfully ever since. 


I also won a small March Madness bracket. Which is hilarious since I don't know a thing about college basketball. 


April

I set a PR on my 5K time (25:09) and placed 3rd in my age division at a race.



Went on my first double digit run, 10 miles, to another state.


May



Marissa finished her first fun run. She ran the entire mile holding my hand. I will never forget that moment with her.



The next day I completed my first half marathon.



May 22nd marked the 3 year anniversary of the Joplin Tornado and for the first time I was really able to open up and write about our journey


June



We celebrated Fathers Day.


Marissa turned 6 and lost her first tooth on the same day!


July

We took the girls to see the big fireworks for the first time.




I ran my 2nd 10K in my summer night series.

 

August



We celebrated 7 years of marriage.


I finished my final summer night 10K


Went on our first camping trip


September

We started a new project car.



We ran a virtual 5K


October

We took a field trip.






Trick or treated with a beautiful butterfly and Minnie Mouse trick or treating. 


November







December

We took a day trip with friends


Had a great Christmas.


Beth turned 30!


2014 you did not disappoint.

 You were full of changes, trials, blessings and achievements that I never would have imagined. Sure there were some tough blows and more than one teary day. But at the end I look back on this year and see countless blessing after blessing. 

God has and will continue to be faithful.

Always.

What was the best part of your year?

post signature


7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful year you've had! Here's to a great 2015!!

    Becky
    @bybmg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these year end posts!! Looks like a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great year! I'm glad I found your blog in 2014 :) Hope you have a wonderful New Year's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great year! I'm so glad I found your blog this year!

    ReplyDelete