Raise the Festivus pole, air your grievances and participate in a feat of strength today. It's time to celebrate.
Festivus for the rest of us!
Sadly I don't own a tacky sweater. But strictly for your viewing pleasure I whipped this up.
Is it strange that I don't think it is THAT ugly?
...Now onto the cookies.
I decided to share my mom's sugar cookie recipe. I have tried countless others but I just keep coming back to this one as my favorite.
1/4 C Shortening
1/2 C Unsalted butter
1 C Sugar
1t Extract (any flavor)
2 1/2 C Flour
1 t Baking powder
1 t salt
1. Cream together shortening, butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. Add eggs and extract and mix until combined.
3. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well mixed.
4. Put dough in a container, cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
5. Roll out to desired thickness, I usually make mine around 1/4" maybe a little more.
6. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. The bottoms should be very lightly browned but NOT the edges.
7. Cool, ice and decorate!
Colorful sugar cookies make the perfect addition to the cookie plates that we love to share with our friends.
What have you been baking?