Monday, July 21, 2014

Celebrating Ice Cream Day!


In case you didn't know yesterday was National Ice Cream Day.


One of our summer bucket list items was to make homemade ice cream and by some random coincidence this was the weekend we had planned to do that. I have no idea how I timed that so perfectly, but I did. I guess I should have just let everyone believe I really am that organized.

Friday night we planned to have some friends over for a cook out and ice cream. The girls were more than happy to help me out in the kitchen, that morning we mixed up the half and half, cream and sugar and let it cool in the fridge. (Pardon her CRAZY bed head.) 


By that afternoon we were ready to put the machine to work.


They were so helpful.


With the hard part done they sat back and waited.


And waited, and waited and waited.


Finally it was done and we stuck it in the freezer for later.

One of our favorite summer get togethers is hanging out on the patio with friends. Relaxing , eating and drinking.


After dinner and play time on the trampoline the girls were more than excited that it was time to get out the ice cream. 


Emily may have had a slight accident with the blue sprinkles, but she didn't seem to mind. 


"This ice cream is so good!'


One more thing we can mark of our Bucket List and the tastiest part of summer so far.



We weren't at all disappointed that all of the ice cream mix didn't fit in the machine, so we HAD to make ice cream again on Sunday. 

Now to head to the gym to burn off the exorbitant amount of calories I consumed this weekend.

How was your weekend?


post signature


3 comments:

  1. So fun! We stopped by Cold Stone yesterday to celebrate. However, homemade ice cream sounds so much better! I might have to see if I can't convince the husband to invest in an ice cream maker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I totally would have just let people believed I was THAT organized though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! We haven't made home made ice cream with callie yet but we do have an attachment for our kitchen aid mixer to do it... just might have to add it to the list! :)

    ReplyDelete