Monday, July 28, 2014

Getting To Know Me, Post #100!

Today marks post number 100!

Wahoo, this feels like something so huge to me. I know some of you are in the hundreds if not thousands so don't laugh to hard at my 100. When I restarted my blogging adventure back in March I didn't know what to expect so 100 post feels pretty great.

Today I am going to do some random ramblings with a quick Q & A. Desiree posted this a while back and I thought it would make a fun "getting to know me" post.

1. What is a nickname only your family calls you?
Cookie. Mostly just my mom. It started when I was very young and she discovered I would eat almost anything for a cookie. 

2. What is a weird habit of yours?
I may just randomly start stretching, I drink coffee and then talk obsessively from a caffeine surge leaving people to think I am crazy. And I am a bit  OCD, aka neat freak. At any given moment I will randomly go on cleaning binges without warning.


3. Do you have any weird phobias?
Severely injuring myself with a knife in the kitchen. But, if you knew how often I have kitchen related injuries you probably wouldn't think this was so weird ;). 

4. What is a song your secretly love to blast and jam to when you are alone?
First off, I always say please don't judge me by the music I listen to when I run. Lately the one that has really been getting me pumped up is Eminem; Loose Yourself.

5. What is one of your biggest pet peeves
Just one? Ha! Ummm.... I guess excuses. I really, really, really don't like them.


6. What's one of your nervous habits?
When I get nervous I get kind of spastic and usually feel the need to pee every 10 minutes. I also tend to turn all red and splotchy on my neck and chest area. So if you ever see me like that, it's a dead give away that something is up!

7. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
The side that is furthest away from the door. Which happens to be the side closest to the bathroom in our house, lucky me.

8. What was your first stuffed animal and what was it's name?
I don't remember it's name.... but I still have it. Technically it is a doll but she is stuffed so I say it counts. 

9. What's the drink you always order at Starbucks?
My tastes are to seasonal to be consistent. In the summer iced caramel macchiato, in the winter salted caramel mocha or a caramel brulee latte. You are totally craving Starbucks right now, aren't you?


10. Which way do you face in the shower?
This is a really weird question.... I usually spend most of my showers going in circles. We also have a bench in the shower so it is nice to just sit down. But when rinsing out my hair I always stand with my back to the water.

11. Do you have any weird body skills?
My bones pop and crack like an 80 year old woman. Does that count? If not, I have nothing. 

12. What is your favorite comfort food, that you know is bad but you eat it anyway?
Cookies....see question #1. Apparently this method must still work. Cookies don't ask questions, cookies understand. 

13. What is a phrase or exclamation that you always say?
In a text: Bahaha, or lol repeatedly, every text.
In real life: GIRLS!, Hang on a minute, That's not good or my Spanish version, no bueno. I also say I don't know a lot. 


14. What do you wear when you go to sleep?
T-shirt and shorts. Yup, really fancy here folks. 

15. What did you used to wear that you thought was cool, and now you realize it wasn't?      I had quite an array of thrift store/yard sale finds from polyester shirts, bell bottoms and Mr. Rogers sweaters. I thought I was being so cool by being retro and different. It is terrifying to think about really. Why didn't somebody stop me! 

Well that wraps up post #100! Here is to 100 more!

Thanks for reading along. If you decide to answer these questions to leave the link in the comments so I can come check out your answers. 


post signature


8 comments:

  1. Why didn't some one stop any of us during our fashion disasters? Ha! I use to wear BRIGHT pink blush heavily applied with pale lipstick. WHY DID MY MOTHER ALLOW ME TO LEAVE THE HOUSE LIKE THAT?!? You definitely can't judge someone from their running playlist. It's more about the tempo and beats! Good to get to know you more! Happy 100 post!!! P.S. I have freshly broken 100 too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession, I like to jam to Eminem's Lose Yourself, too. This was fun, I think I'll have to steal it in a couple of days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very fun post and to get to know more about you! I love Eminem - especially Lose Yourself - no judgement here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love posts like this! I get really spastic when nervous too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 100 posts! I have to admit...seeing what song you like to run to totally cracked me up! hahaha! For some reason I can't picture you listening to that song, but I can see how it would get you pumped up. I listen to really crazy music when I workout, too; it just makes a huge difference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My parents called me "Schnook" Don't know how or why that started but sometimes it still comes out. My dad will also call me "cokey" or "coatee" because I used to babysit tons of little kids and that's how lots of them said my name. Courtney is a really hard one for little kids to learn!

    Hey man, I love me some eminem. No judgies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! My running play list is so different than what you'll find if you got into my car. Not to mention, most of the stuff on my running play list probably isn't appropriate for the little man to hear. But, I go for the beat more so than the lyrics, usually. Lose Yourself is awesome to run to, no judgement here!
    Ohhhh my, an iced caramel macchiato sounds absolutely divine right now. Annnnd, the nearest Starbucks is over an hour away. Whomp whomp!
    As for the red and blotchy chest - that happens to me when I'm really stressed and/or flustered! You should see the family photos we had taken two Christmases ago. I was trying to wrangle a 9 month old for an hour before our session and I look like a flaming hot mess. HA!
    Loved your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a new reader, I love this post. It's a great way for me to get to know you. And I'm with you on the OCD behavior. It's so bad and never ends.

    ReplyDelete