Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July 2014 Recap

Hello Monday. We are on weekend recovery this morning, which is depressing and kind of nice to be getting back to "normal". Plus, we actually don't have much planned this week so I am hoping to get caught up on some baking and things around the house.

Let's talk about the 4th. We spent our morning sleeping in. Ah, that was the PERFECT way to start the day after our date night. Girls at Mimi and Papa's, mom and dad catching up on some sleep. I picked them up around 10:30 and we really didn't do much. We went and bough some "obligatory" fireworks and just chilled out. 

Dinner on the grill. There is something so nice about an entire meal cooked on the grill.


Fourth of July Jello.


A few boxes of poppers. 



Plenty of trampoline time!




Ice cream, with festive sprinkles and strawberries.



A backyard movie at a friends house.


And fireworks. 




Yup, our fourth was pretty awesome.

How was yours?


post signature


5 comments:

  1. Hi, friend! I need to know everything that you cooked on that grill, because it looks AMAZING! My sister does this with her kids, but she wraps each individual meal in foil. The kids have a ton of fun with it; they learned it when they were in Arkansas visiting my family. It must be an Arkansas thing?

    I'm glad you had a good fourth of July and was able to find some time to sleep in. I'm really jealous about that one. I love to sleep. It's my favorite hobby! :) haha! Jk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grilled chicken, corn on the cob, zucchini, garlic bread, and peppers with cheese in them. It was RIDICULOUS. So, so, so, good.

      Haha, sleep was nice, I haven't had that much sleep in months. I am usually a 6 hours a night kind of gal. It felt good to catch up.

      Delete
  2. That IS amazing!!! So much fun! How cool was that backyard movie?! I need to find a projector so we can join the outdoor movie club! I bet the girls loved that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great 4th! Especially that sleeping in part!!! Dinner and ice cream look yummy and I love the festive jello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute fourth! Grilling is the best, so much easier esp since I'm not the one grilling! I've made that stained glass jello a few years ago and it was a big flop - nobody liked it but me! I was like...tastes good to me y'all are weird.

    ReplyDelete