Friday, July 18, 2014

Oh Hey Friday: Week 1

Oh Hey Friday...
Always a sucker for a Friday link up.

Let's do this Friday thing {fist bump}

{ONE} The Mantle

Our mantle has been hung for about a year now. I was so excited that after living in the house for over a year the living room was FINALLY getting all pieced together. The mantle was hung and I could finish things up. The joke ends up falling on me. I literally let it all sit for a YEAR, blank walls, empty mantle. Just this week I got tired of looking at it and decided it was time to fix some things. Maybe some day (In a couple more years *wink*) I will actually take pictures of the whole room when it is finished but, it isn't done yet. For now I find myself happy at the progress I have made and knowing it is almost done. 

I was going for something, but not to busy here. I was also trying to make sure it looks like "us". I added a vase with some sticks, literally sticks. A few candle holders and some cars that the hubby made years ago. We are car people, but you will see more of that when I show you the rest of the house ;). And yes, that is a gas can in the corner.

If the mantle looks a bit non-traditional, it is. We made it out of the bathroom door of the house the tornado destroyed. The door that we were safely hidden behind. When the husband suggested it, I couldn't say no. I am still trying to decide if I want to put the door knob back on. 



{TWO} Summer Bucket List


So since I last posted this picture we have made no changes to crossing some things off our list. That should change this weekend though.

We WILL finish this list!

{Three} School


I almost cried last night when I looked and saw only three short empty weeks before the school year begins. I then took the time to plan out our day to day schedule for next year and I found that 1st grade is A LOT different than Kindergarten! Our work load this year has almost doubled.

But, on a happy note I am really excited about this year. It will be a lot more in depth and challenging which will be great for both of us!

{Four} Reminder

Such truth, in these words. Lord help me to be content in what you have given me. 


{Five} My favorite work out tanks EVER!

JC Penney's Xersion Singlet Racerback Tanks. I adore them, I own 4 of them in various colors and patterns, sadly this is not one of them.

They are the BEST, light weight, great material, good quality and cheap!


That wraps up my Friday Five!

Here is hoping for a great weekend, do you have anything special planned?



post signature
 

7 comments:

  1. I love your mantle. Simple, but personal. I'm hoping for the day I get my own apartment and I love thinking of how I want it to look. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the link up. Love your mantle and can't believe that school is out already!!!

    Come by and say hi
    www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man so many fingers crossed that someday soon I will have my own mantle to decorate!! :)

    Happy Friday, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that mantle and I absolutely ADORE the story behind. Such an amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh do you homeschool? I don't think I knew this. I'd like to! My husband still needs convincing! What a wonderful mantel, it tells a story...that is just amazing. I've always wanted a mantel to decorate! Funny that you left it blank after you got it! You sure definitely put up some holiday stuff when that rolls round!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love your mantle, and the story behind it.
    You should link up your summer bucket list with a handful of ladies and me next Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mantel and it's story and I totally think you should put the handle back on! I can see where it goes and I think it would be a fun touch! The decor looks great too!

    ReplyDelete