Thursday, December 3, 2015

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookie {Recipe} & A Tacky Sweater

Cookies & Tacky Sweaters!

I had so much fun participating in this link-up last yearthat I knew I had to join the fun again. The problem is I still don't own a tacky sweater. So, once again I improvised and recreated my snowman from last year.

P.S. I still think he's cute. 


I also decided to share another cookie recipe that was passed down to me by my mother.


These are the Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies I have been eating my entire life and I believe they will be the best ones you will ever taste and the last recipe you ever try.


print recipe
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
The best soft peanut butter cookie, EVER!
Ingredients
  • 1/2 Cup Shortening
  • Eggs
  • 1 3/4 Cup Flour
  • 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 2 Tbsp. Milk
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 Cup. White Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  •  Extra sugar for coating
  • Hershey Kisses
Instructions
1) Cream sugars, shortening, eggs, peanut butter and vanilla together.

2) Stir in milk and dry ingredients until well combined.

3) Chill the cookie dough in a covered container for one hour or overnight.

4) Roll the cookie dough into balls approx 1- 1 1/2" in diameter, then roll in sugar to coat well.

5) Bake at 350 degrees for approx 10 minutes.
(Cookies should be lightly browned on the bottoms but NOT brown on edges when they are done.)

6) After removing from the oven immediately top with a Hershey Kiss.








Linking up with Courtney, Whitney, Elizabeth & Jamie

Sweet Turtle Soup

What is your favorite Christmas Cookie?

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.