This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
If there is one movie that my girls have been anxiously awaiting the release of this year, it is Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. They fell in love with those adorable yellow guys in the Despicable Me movies and they can't seem to get enough of them. Who can blame them, they are hilarious.
In the spirit of being real, I'll confess. I rarely ever grab a movie on it's release date. But when Minions came out on December 8th 2015, I went first thing that morning. My girls were jumping, squealing and telling everyone we came in contact with all about the movie. Should I also mention the Stuart and Kevin impressions too? Oh those silly girls. To find out where you can get your copy of Minions be sure to check out the list of retailers found on the Minions movie website
Once we were back home they were ready to immediately start the movie, but I had other plans. After all our #MinionsMovieNight wouldn't be complete without the perfect minion themed snack.
Illumination Entertainment's minions were the perfect inspiration for this easy to make snack. Our favorite home made rice krispy treats dipped and decorated to look just like our favorite characters from the hit film.
Here is how you can make your own #MinionsMovieNight treats.
minion Krispy Treats
Dipped krispy treats to look like your favorite minions. The perfect snack to eat while watching the Minions movie.
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 10 ounce bag Mini Marshmallows
- 6 Cups Rice Krispy Cereal
- 12-24 Candy Eyes
- 1 Bag Yellow Candy Melts
- 1 Bag Blue Candy Melts
- 1 Tube Black Decorating gel
1) Melt the butter in a pan at medium-low heat.
2) Pour in the marshmallows and continue stirring until completely melted.
3) Remove from heat, dump in cereal and stir until evenly coated.
4) Scoop into a greased 9x13 pan, press down firmly and sit to the side until cooled.
5) Cut the treats in 12 sections. The easiest way to do this is to remove from pan, cut in half the long way, then cut each side into 6 pieces. After they are cut form the edges to be less pointy and more accurately resemble the minion shape.
6) Melt the yellow candy melts according to the package direction. Dip about one third of the treat into the yellow using a knife to get an even coat. Set to side on a baking mat or wax paper and add eyes immediately. Repeat until all 12 are finished.
7) Once the yellow coat is dry you can melt the blue candy melts the same way and dip the bottom section in the blue candy. Set to the side to finish drying.
8) Before serving use the black gel to add any features you want. I added hair, goggles and a mouth on mine.
*Tip If you want to package these as treats or favors pipe melted chocolate chips instead of the black gel so they harden up and don't smear.
Enjoy! Yield: 1 dozen
These snacks are fun to look at, yummy and easy to make. They were surprisingly fast too! I made up a whole batch in about an hour with lots of pausing for photos and distractions.
For more movie night inspiration check out the creative ideas on the Minions movie night page! There are so many fabulous, new ideas on there. I can't wait to try out more minion themed snacks. I know my girls will love them.