Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday Highlights 10.2.15

Happy October Friends!

October and fall are officially here and the weather has finally caught up as well. We have steady temperatures in the 40's during the morning this week and a lot ideal fall weather in sight, YES! If we could just press the pause button here til spring that would be great.
Anyone else?!

This weekend we have lots of fall fun planned. Sadly we had to post-pone our backyard camping adventure because it is going to be too cold overnight. Hopefully we'll squeeze that in soon.

Lets get started on this weeks Friday Highlights!


{ONE}  Blog Highlights

This week on the blog I shared.
A recap from last weekends adventures.


I interviewed "The Guy Behind The Blog".


Talked about the first time I took the girls apple picking.


And co-hosted the first ever Teaching Together link-up where I shared some simple & "spooky" read and learn activities


{TWO} Pictures!!!

Pictures are coming up THIS week. I couldn't be anymore excited than I am!
We really seem too only get family pictures done every two years... I should really fix that. 



This years photos are going to be done in a 1930's type setting.
Think something like Bonnie and Clyde.

Okay maybe not that exactly :). But we decided to be true to ourselves and stick with who we are. The setting choice will be a gravel road, a field and there may or may not be an old car involved too. 

{THREE} Hair Cut

Speaking of pictures someone never had her back to school haircut!
Wednesday morning we went to trim her up so she is picture perfect.

Before


After



We both LOVE the new hair!

{FOUR} Blog Design Colors

When I first started blogging I changed my design and changed it and changed it again. But things have looked the same around here for right at a year now and I am ready for something new

I debated and debated what colors would inspire the new design and I finally picked a palette



I will most likely tweak things a bit and add charcoal dark gray (best color ever) but I am pretty happy with these color choices. I found hex codes for almost every shade imaginable here and created my custom palette on Adobe Color CC.

How about you?
 Do you DIY your own blog design or leave it to the pros?

{FIVE} Girl Mom Series

This week Cathy from Three kids and a fish shared in my 'Girl Mom Series'

profile bio

Cathy wrote a beautiful post sharing things that she tells her girls now so they will know them later. 
She even quoted the great theologian, Aubrey Hepburn.

happy girls printable

They really are!

Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here soon.

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.