Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Highlights 10.23.15

Hello Friday!!!

Happy Friday Friends! Can you believe Halloween is just over a week away? I guess I really should get those costumes I have been putting off put together otherwise two little girls are going to be very disappointed. I shouldn't complain though, their requests were pretty easy this year (unlike the time I made a dress out of 20 yards of tulle, ACK)!

Now onto this weeks Friday highlights!


{ONE}  Blog Highlights

This week on the blog I...
Shared the latest pictures in my 2015 photo challenge.


Posted about what is going on currently.


Talked about the time that Anna and I took "senior photos".


Shared some photos I took of my parents.


And had Jen from J Pabst Fitness guest post in my 'Girl Mom' series.


What a BUSY week!

{TWO} Snapchat

Okay, okay I did it.

The arrival of my new phone (which is AWESOME btw) inspired me to take the dive and finally sign up for Snapchat. So far I just randomly take photos of myself draw on them and send them to my friend Sarah. 

This is what Snapchat exists for right?
If you want to find me my user name is Bethnoplg

{THREE} Cookie Swap

You are invited to participate in a cookie swap!


I am excited to be teaming up with my awesome Tuesday Talk Co-hosts to make this happen.

Post a new recipe, an old recipe or a round up to links of your favorite recipes. Whatever you want to do. Then join us on the November 3rd Tuesday Talk and link up those posts.
(You will still be able to link up that week even if you don't post about cookies)

If you have any questions, just ask!

{FOUR} SORE Muscles

So I don't talk about it a lot but since late May I have made the transition from runner to weight lifter. I needed something new and if I am being brutally honest I don't LOVE running miles and miles. The change has been amazing. I have seen transformations in so many areas, but that should be a blog post all of its own. 

This week we started stage 6 of our current training plan. An extremely upper body intensive section that focuses on getting you to the point where you can do chin-ups. After work out #1 I could hardly move my arms for 3 days. It is nice to know that no matter how far you go, you can always go further. 

I started doing negative chin-ups
The goal is to get to the point that the extension takes 20 seconds then you weigh yourself down more. On day one it took a hair over 10 seconds. 

Game on chin-ups.

I won't stop til I get there. 

{FIVE} The Gift Giver

This week I was lucky to be able to share an amazing new children's Christmas book with you.


I LOVE the way this book merges the magic of Santa with the real reason we celebrate Christmas, Jesus Christ.
You can check out my book review or take a look at the book on Amazon.

Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here soon.

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.