Thursday, October 8, 2015

Girl Mom Series: Liz, Sundays With Sophie

Hi!  I'm Liz and I blog over at sundays with sophie.  I started this blog because I wanted to chronicle my pregnancy, but it became so much more in 2015 when I started talking about my life, marriage, and being a mom.


When I found out I was pregnant with Sophie, I knew I would have a boy, I mean it was in the genetics right?  Kyle's mother had three boys, and the eldest son had two boys, so it was clear I would have a boy.  The thing about genetics, you can't always predict it.  Even though everyone was convinced I was having a boy, I knew in my heart that I was actually having a girl.  And I had to come to grips with being a girl mom.  Something that I hadn't prepared for and wasn't ready to be.  Well here I am nearly 2 years later and loving being a girl mom.

Being a girl mom is something I never thought I would be good at, and some days, I still don't think I am.  But I love being a girl mom.  It's amazing and it's a blessing.  Motherhood has been a challenge for me, but rewarding at the same time.  I've hit struggles along the way, but each of them is just a learning lesson for me.  Motherhood is all about learning and going with the flow.  Here are some of the things I've learned about being a mother.

I use to say "that Sophie will never wear pink and glitter," but she rocks her crocs all the time.  Her feet pitter-pattering through the house giggling excited to wear her new shoes.  She loves taking her shoes on and off, she learned that about a month ago.


Accepting the fact that my child is 1000% obsessed with finding things to place random house items in it, whether it's a cup or a trashcan. Here she's stolen the trashcan and placed random house items she found throughout the house in it.   I've given up on anything being mine anymore.


Having a clean house isn't worth it.  Coming around and picking up after a child a million times is just exhausting.  I'll clean and she comes right back around throwing everything on the floor.  She is in love with pulling out the mail and ripping it open.


Sophie likes to do laundry, as in pull out all of the clean clothes to mix with the dirty clothes.  It's a really fun process.  We usually have to do the smell test to make sure which ones are clean and which ones are dirty.  Most days I feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over, day after day.


At the end of the day, being a girl mother, a mother, is something that I've learned to go with the flow, even if that means letting my daughter running around with a broomstick....



Being a mother is such a blessing, and such an incredible journey.  I can't fully explain how much my life changed after becoming a mother, nor do I think I'd ever try.  Any woman can give birth, but not every woman can be a mother.  I used to believe I couldn't be a mother, it just wasn't in me, I was selfish, and self-centered, but it changed when I became a mother.  It's something I wouldn't change for the world even if meant I "gave up" everything.

~~~

Thank you Beth for letting me join her wonderful series!

sundays with sophie

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us Liz.

Motherhood is such an amazing and challenging journey. Sometimes we fight so hard to make it look a certain way and squeeze it into this perfect package that we expected it to be. But real motherhood is messy, unexpected and fun. I love seeing that you have learned to embrace it all. Sophie is one very lucky lady.

To learn more about Liz and her adventures check out Sundays With Sophie
You can also connect with Liz on these other social media platforms:
Instagram // Pinterest



post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.