Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Highlights 10.9.15

Hello Friday!

I have always been a huge fan of Friday but lately I am realizing that Fridays in the fall are the best. 

The end of our school week, a warm cup of coffee, the anticipation of 4:00 when daddy is home for the weekend and a lazy afternoon with my girls are all pretty great. But, if you throw in fall decorations, pumpkin something for breakfast, jacket weather and fall plans into the mix you have perfection. 

Now that I am feeling a bit dreamy about today let's check out this weeks Friday five!


{ONE}  Blog Highlights

This week on the blog I shared.
Our first fall bucket list recap as I linked up with the 2015 Countdown To Halloween.


I recapped my September goals and set new ones for October.


I shared a glimpse into life lately via Instagram.


And had Liz guest post in my Girl Mom Series"


{TWO} Red October

Once again my beloved cardinals are still playing baseball in October.


Here is hoping we can make it to the World Series this year.

{THREE} Pumpkin Run

Tomorrow is the 33rd annual 5 mile Pumpkin Run and I am so excited to finally be doing this race.

This was the very first race that I wanted to run 2 years ago. At the time I wasn't even trained to run a 5K so I didn't think there was any possible way for me to run 5 miles. Last year I was very focused on running half marathon #2 so I skipped it again. This year, this year it is finally happening AND the girls are doing the fun run too!

I am going into this race with no goal other than finishing and I am running it with my two favorite running friends, Anna & Lacey. I haven't ran an official race since July (and that one was ran by myself) so I can't wait to share all the details and do a full race recap next week.

{FOUR} Shrink Art

I'm obsessed.



I mean seriously, how cute are those?!
I posted this photo on Instagram and so many of you were thrown back into your childhood days and I was left feeling like I must have been deprived. Marissa has became obsessed with making enough ornaments to decorate her and Emily's Christmas trees and I am totally okay with that. In fact I kinda want to join the fun. I definitely see us tracking down more kits or ordering some shrink art sheets in the very near future. 

{FIVE} Archie

For once I think I am on the cutting edge of something new, introducing Archie.

Archie works like this, say you want to grow your Instagram or Twitter account. You can set up an account with Archie where you would input hashtags that would represent you. Think common hashtags that lots of users use. For me a great one is #homeschoollife. Archie then works on your behalf to find tweets or photos with the hashtags you input and like them for you with hopes that they will come check out your account see that they can relate to you and follow your page. Pretty cool right? You can easily turn Archie off or on with a simple click and you can change your hashtags at any time. It even gives you reports so you can see what hash tags are working the best. Archie does come at a cost but offers a free trial with no sign-up required.

Check out Archie for yourself. 


Friday Linkup Parties

To see where I am linking up check out my link-up tab.

Have a great weekend!
We will see you back here soon.

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.