Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Ghost of Halloween Past

I'm a total sucker for throwback posts.
Maybe I am sentimental or maybe I am a gluten for punishment.
There is just something about looking back on the past that I love so very, very much.

So that is exactly what we are going to do today as we take a look back on the Halloweens past.

Let's start at the beginning, 2007!
The first Halloween picture of us as a family of 3 would be this (Russ might kill me).
I was about 5.5 weeks pregnant with Marissa here and mum was the word.

 
2008
 Now parents of a 4 month old it was pretty obvious we were excited. We had Halloween outfits and 2 costumes. The mermaid one is my favorite. Her first costume was inspired by her name which happens to mean from the sea. 




2009
Our Elmo obsessed silly girl was a ladybug princess.




2010
In 2010 we were expecting a baby sister, Marissa was clearly obsessed with Russ and her facial expressions were always #onpoint.




2011
Yo, this is my sister!
Since they were now clearly a duo I dressed them as a pair, Little Bo Peep and her sheep.




2012
Probably my favorite Halloween so far. Marissa was the prettiest Cinderella ever. I dressed  her then cried all the tears because she looked so beautiful. Emily was a princess too (Marissa's idea). So funny to look back on almost 2 year old Emily with so little hair. 





2013
 By Halloween 2013 a certain someone was head over heels in love with Minnie Mouse and Marissa jumped on to a different Disney character.




2014
I don't think anyone was surprised when Emily chose to be Minnie Mouse again we changed up the costume with some simple pieces we already had lying around because, hello, she's obsessed. Marissa picked a butterfly so I made these awesome wings from felt.





2015
 ? ? ?

What will 2015 bring?
You'll just have to wait and see.

Don't forget next weeks cookie swap!


Post a new recipe, an old recipe or a round up to links of your favorite recipes. Whatever you want to do. Then join us on the November 3rd Tuesday Talk and link up those posts.
(You will still be able to link up that week even if you don't post about cookies)

Meet the hosts of Tuesday Talk!

Beth - Our Pretty Little Girls ~ Michelle - Grammie Time
Keri - Living In This Season  ~ Christina - Waltzing In Beauty
Lauren - Simply Free ~  Becky - BYBMG
Jess and Katie - Sweet Little Ones ~ Whitney - Polka Dotty Place
Laura - Life Is Beautiful ~ Elizabeth - All Kinds Of Things
Sarah - Abiding In Grace ~ Stephanie - Wife Mommy Me
Emily - Morning Motivated Mom

Now it's your turn to join the fun!
Grab the button in my side-bar and link up for this weeks Tuesday Talk.

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.