Monday, October 26, 2015

Fall Bucket List Check-in #3

Last week we only managed to cross off one thing on the bucket list so I spared myself the embarrassment and skipped the bucket list post. However, I am back for redemption today. We miraculously managed to put a pretty big dent in our list and it looks like we just might be able to finish up our list after all.

Here is what we have checked off our list since check-in #1 and check-in #2 

Bake a Pie

They were so excited to dive in and get busy. Their flavor of choice? Pumpkin of course!




Fall Themed Craft With The Kids

We probably could have already crossed this one off but with a few bigger projects done we'll make it official. 

 I picked up a 2 pack of paintable pumpkins and some metalic paint at Hobby Lobby.



Then Saturday morning Marissa and I spent some time working on this. I had most of the supplies on hand already so it was a simple fun way to add some Halloween flare. 


Visit a Pumpkin Patch

Here we are again for for our yearly trip to Fredrickson Farms. In my oppinion the Joplin area is REALLY lacking a good pumpkin patch. Maybe I should buy some land and become a farmer? The pumpkin selection here was less than impressive. 



See what I mean?!


So we bought a couple baby pumpkins then went to Aldi and picked these guys up for $2.69 each.
Whatever works right?!


Caramel Apples
 
I know I said caramel apples and technically we had caramel apples. We just chose to go the easy to eat route.


It started with homemade salted caramel sauce and ended with some very sticky hands and fingers. It was SO good. The best part is we have LOTS leftover so we can keep using this stuff all through the holidays. Making caramel was WAY easier than I expected, I will never buy caramel dip ever again. 


Watch a Halloween Movie

Friday night after our caramel apple dip the girls and I sat down to watch a Halloween movie. The movie of choice? 


AGAIN!

Marissa wanted to watch something else but I think she got so nervous that it would be spooky that she chickened out and went with something familiar.


Fall fun that wasn't on our list...

We went to the Maple Leaf Parade.


Then stopped by the Maple Leaf car show. 


Mo-Kan's Hot Rod Reunion is always an October highlight. 


Another super easy chalk board creation of mine.


Silly hat day at co-op, #nailedit


As of October 26th this is where we are on our list 11/15 done!


Today I am linking up with Courtney and some other amazing ladies!

Sweet Turtle Soup

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.