Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies {Recipe)

Last week when I was faced with a challenge, I manned up and took one for the team. 

I have the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. They're soft but not to soft, they look beautiful on a cookie tray and they taste like little round pieces of heaven. There was just one problem. They were just chocolate chip cookies. What's a girl to do when one dose of chocolate just isn't enough?! 
Because hello, it happens. 

There just had to be an answer to the problem and I was going to figure it out. I spent Friday afternoon in my kitchen attempting to transform the beloved cookie recipe into a more chocolatey treat. It may have taken me two batches and right around 2,000+ calories but the results were SO worth it.

Plus I get to share my favorite new cookie recipe with you today.
Yup, totally worth it.



Ingredients:
1 3/4 C. unsalted butter (14 Tablespoons)
1/3 C. white sugar
1 C. brown sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp corn starch
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C. flour
1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 C. semi-sweet choc chips

Directions:
1) Cream the butter and sugars together.

2) Mix in the egg and vanilla until well combined.

3) Stir in the dry ingredients until well mixed, add the chocolate chips and mix in.

4) Refrigerate for 1 hour or over night in a covered container.

5) Using a standard size cookie scoop cookies will bake at 350 degrees for approx 10 minutes. For other sizes your baking time may need to be adjusted.


I have teamed up with 12 of the Tuesday Talk hosts for cookie swap hop. 
Below are links to their posts where they share some of their favorite cookie recipes from round ups to family favorites you will find a little bit of everything. 

Michelle - Grammie Time // Beth - Our Pretty Little Girls // Elizabeth - All Kinds Of Things // Stephanie - Wife Mommy Me // Christina - Waltzing In Beauty // Becky - BYBMG //  Lauren - Simply Free // Sarah - Abiding In Grace // Keri - Living In This Season // Laura - Life Is Beautiful // Jess & Katie - Sweet Little Ones // Whitney - Polka Dotty Place

What is your favorite holiday cookie?

Now it's time to link up your posts.
Grab the button in  my sidebar and join the fun.


An InLinkz Link-up

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.