Monday, November 23, 2015

Twice Baked Potato Casserole {Recipe}

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayWithChobani #CollectiveBias

The holiday season is upon us and that means the return of all of our favorite holiday foods, like mashed potatoes. Recently I was thinking about some different ways I could bring new life to my mashed potatoes. Russ is just not a fan of simple, plain potatoes and I can't say that I blame him. After some thinking I came up with what I thought was the perfect plan and headed to the store in search of a few ingredients.


I went to my local Wal-mart, I always seem to find exactly what I am looking for there and this trip was no different. I grabbed a container of Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt and a few other ingredients before heading back home. 


I knew Chobani® was exactly what I was looking for. It is a great high protein, low fat option and an excellent substitute for sour cream, mayonnaise or oils making a healthier version of your favorite recipes. I am always looking for ways to sneak more protein into our diet. Chobani® plain has 44% of the daily value of protein and is made with only natural ingredients. Replacing other ingredients with Chobani® is a simple way that I can make a healthier choice for our family.

What I found was the perfect ingredient for this Twice Baked Potato Casserole 

print recipe

Twice Baked Potato Casserole
A simple potato side dish featuring Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt

Ingredients
  • 6 Russet Potatoes
  • 1 Cup (plus extra for garnish) Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 8 Strips Cooked Bacon (crumbled)
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
  • 1/2 to 1 Cup Milk
  • 1 1/2 Cups (divided) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/2 Cup (divided) Green onions (sliced)
Instructions
1) Wash potatoes, wrap in foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.

2) Let the potatoes cool about 15 minutes. Peel, chop and set aside.

3) Mix or mash the potatoes, butter, yogurt, salt & pepper. Adding in 1/2 cup of the milk then continuing to add until the potatoes have reached the desired thickness & creaminess.

4) Stir in 1/3 cup of the green onions and 1/2 cup of the cheese.

5) Spray either 8 ramekins, or a 7x11 (2 quart) pan and scoop the potato mixture into the baking dish(es).

6) Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

7) Remove from the oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese & bacon then continue baking for 5 additional minutes.

8) Garnish with yogurt and green onions before serving.

Details
Prep time: Cook time: Yield: 8 servings


The creaminess and flavor of Chobani® yogurt was exactly what I needed to bring our potatoes to the next level. The ways you can use this natural ingredient yogurt to transform your recipes are endless.

For more inspiration on ways you can use Chobani® in your kitchen, check out the Made With Chobani® website.





How would you use Chobani® yogurt to transform a recipe?

Need some inspiration?
Check out these Chobani® recipes!

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.