Sunday, November 1, 2015

Monthly Goals {November 2015}

November?!

So I know there is something about kids that makes everything go into warp speed.
But seriously, November?!
I had a heart palpitation while typing that, not even kidding. 

As shocking as it may be November is here and with it is the arrival of my favorite time of the year, the holiday season.
Goals might have to slow down this time of the year to keep things realistic. Or I might change them to things I know I can do like decorate trees and eat cookies. Before we set new goals let's take a look at how we did in October.


Blog-
*Continue blogging 4-5 days a week.
*Participate in the Count Down to Halloween Link-up weekly
*Launch a new blog design by the end of the month
*Participate in a new link-up

Things have been pretty busy around here so posts have not been an issue. I managed to join the Count Down to Halloween link up 3 out of the past 4 times, so I'll call that good. My new blog design launched mid October, a couple weeks earlier than I expected, I LOVE it. As for new link-ups I began co-hosting a monthly educational blog hop/link up, Teaching Together. Our first month was a blast and we would love to have you join us for round two on November 5th!


Family-
*Family Bonfire
*Family trip to the Frisco Trails
*Attend a fall festival
*Attend a car show or cruise night
*Almost complete our fall bucket list

I guess the trail will just have to wait until spring at this point.

We did have a few fires and went to the Maple Leaf Festival where they also had a huge car show, two birds one stone! Our bucket list is super close to done, but you will find out more about that tomorrow.



Fitness-
*Exercise at least 5 days a week
*Begin and complete Stage 5 of the new rules program 
*Try again to keep a written food journal
*Complete The Pumpkin Run

I have officially resigned the idea of food journaling. At this season in my life, it just isn't for me. I'll talk more about why when I finally update on some fitness stuff later this month.


I think most weeks I hit the 5 workouts per week goal. As for the 'New Rules" program I am half way done with stage 6 and expect to finish the last stage in early December. The Pumpkin Run was so much fun. It was great to run a race again, it had been way to long. 

Spiritual- 
*Continue reading Women of the Word
*Try to make connections at a church we have decided to attend weekly
*Keep up weekly meetings with Sarah

I read a chapter or two and met with Sarah a couple times. We need to meet again soon though. I think we have decided that meeting every other week is more realistic for us right now.


Making real connections isn't really my thing. I always feel so awkward around people I don't know well so I end up talking a lot, which I am sure can make me appear annoying. I did attend a womens event so I am putting forth effort. UGH! It will all work out. These things just take time. I know, I know.

Home School-
*Stay on track with lesson plans
*Plan one field trip
*Plan a fun picnic lunch


Not only are we on track, we are one week ahead in math! But don't tell a certain 7 year old that. A field trip that involves a picnic lunch is planned I am just hoping the weather cooperates!

Random-
*Fun photo shoot with Anna
*Decorate for Halloween
*Make Halloween costumes
*Stay on top of keeping the budget done, weekly!

Weekly budget balancing, ugh. I think in order to stay on track with that someone would have to use drastic measures and force me to do it every week. I thought making it a goal would help, no luck.


My photos with Anna were a blast. Decorations were made and put up and Halloween costumes will be shared tomorrow!


I'd say October was a success!
Blog-
*Continue blogging 4-5 days a week.
*Plan some fun holiday posts
*Reach 1,000 Instagram followers
*Participate in a giveaway

Family-
*Family movie night
*Family game night
*Put leaves on our thankful tree each day
*Donut date

Fitness-
*Workout 4-5 Days a week
*Complete Level 6 of the new rules program
*Miraculously do one chin-up
*Share about my journey the past 6 months

Spiritual- 
*Continue reading Women of the Word
*Keep trying to connect at church
*Bi-weekly meetings with Sarah.
*Begin to focus hearts young and old on being thankful and the reason we celebrate the holidays.

Home School-
*Stay on track with lesson plans
*Go on a field trip
*Have a blast on Thanksgiving break

Random-
*Deck the halls
*Begin Christmas Shopping
*Get scripture and book advents ready
*Make a Christmas Bucket List
*Bake a coconut cream pie

You see that last one, that might just be the one that I am the most excited about and if you're lucky I'll make a blog post about it. Because nothing says November like coconut cream pie?!

What are you most excited about this November?

post signature


No comments:

My favorite part of blogging is getting to know my readers. I love comments and will respond to all of them via email. Please make sure your email is connected to your account.